Younify (“we” and “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Younify is the trading name of Younify CIC. Our website is app.younifyme.co.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions, and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) and any subsequent UK data protection legislation the data controller for data that we collect from you is Younify CIC, Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, England, EC1V 2NX.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by completing forms on our site app.younifyme.co (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registration, to complete your profile, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site or when you contact us.
Your profile (name, biography and other relevant information necessary to provide you with our services if added) can be seen by other members on the website unless otherwise specified by setting labelled by Younify, or selected by you (the account holder of the membership). You can edit the visibility of information provided during the registration process. Your good cause, or businesses, profile will contain the chosen username, trading name, organisation and the account manager’s first name will appear publicly to help create and assist in connection requests with other members and our messaging service. Your contact information is not made available to the public.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to fill out surveys that we use for research purposes, however, you do not have to respond to them.
Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data as required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and what resources you access.
We may collect only necessary information about your computer (and/or mobile device or tablet), including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our partners. This is fully anonymised statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual or their information.
Where we store your personal data
The Younify website is hosted in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and your data is stored within the EEA. We will occasionally, where necessary, process your data outside of the EEA (for example when using certain third party services such as Mailchimp) but will only do so if appropriate safeguards have been put in place in accordance with data protection legislation.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers through our web hosting platform Ionos.co.uk. Where we have provided you with (or you have chosen) a password enabling you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. However, we will do our best to protect your personal data and set necessary safeguards in place. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have your information, we will use strict protocols and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
How your information will be used:
Any personal, good cause or business information that you include in your profile is available to other users of our site. If you send a message through the chat or activity stream features of our site, or post a comment to another user’s profile, any personal information contained within that message will be shared with the recipient of that message and may also be viewable by any other user. A message sent via the private message function will not be readily available to other users(other than the recipient).
- Making items in your profile private will hide these from any other users.
- By providing us with your personal, good cause or business information you consent to our processing of such information for the purposes of providing the services on our site.
- To provide you with the main services on our site, for administration and accounting and to ensure that the content and services that we offer are tailored to your needs and interests.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, you can ask us to delete your profile by notifying us via email@example.com. We will delete your profile within 30 days of the request.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
Who are service providers to Younify.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in such a case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, so as to continue to provide you with up to date and relevant services.
If Younify CIC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets, so as to continue to provide you with up to date and relevant services.
If we are under a duty to disclose your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Younify CIC, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Legal basis for processing your data
We may process your data because:
- we are legally obliged to e.g. to confirm your identity;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract with you to provide our services; or
- it is in our legitimate business interests to do so.
In some circumstances, we will rely on your consent to process personal data. Where we do this, it will be brought to your attention at that time.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal, good cause or business information for only as long as is needed for the purposes for which it was obtained or (if longer) for any period of which we are required to keep personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
You are responsible for ensuring that information you provide to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can review and change your information by logging into the site and visiting your profile page or account settings.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data which include the right to:
- find out how we process your data;
- request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate – or correct it yourself via your profile;
- request that your data is deleted (within 30 days);
- obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data;
- if we rely on consent for any particular part of our services, you can withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data (including any direct marketing);
- if we are relying on legitimate interests for direct marketing, you can object to receiving such direct marketing;
- obtain a copy of the personal data we process concerning you by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- lodge a complaint with the UK supervisory body, the Information Commissioner’s Office (the ICO) here https://ico.org.uk/. If you have a concern or complaint about the way we handle your data, we ask that you contact us in the first instance to allow us to investigate and resolve the matter appropriately.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights or find out more, please contact us.